Please remember that when we put you on the calendar we start turning other prospective renters away from the time you have reserved. Ultimately we can not absorb your losses if you cancel regardless of your reason. When that happens we both lose. Lastly, let me just say we try to be as fair as possible in our dealings with you but have in the past absorbed many losses so unfortunately we have to have these policies to protect ourselves and we will adhere to them.
6. As far as rescheduling your vacation to another week and using funds you have already paid for your original reservation. Your previously paid funds are not refundable unless the time you rented is re-rented to another party, excepting security deposits which normally are refundable. (a)
7. In case of cancellation for any reason, funds that you have paid to reserve/rent a rental are not refundable unless the time you rented is re-rented to another party, excepting security deposits which normally are refundable. (b)
8. Any amounts paid by you for rent, other, taxes or security deposit are applied in that order without exception regardless of what you think may or may not have been said.
9. Any refund at any time shall be minus any fees or losses we have incurred including any fees from Paypal or other institutions.
10. No other clause in these policies shall relieve the renters of further responsibility for damages or losses incurred costing in excess of the security deposit retained. You agree to pay all our legal fees and associated expenses related to collecting money from you for additional rents, fees , fines, cleaning expense, damages and losses of any type.
11. The tenant shall cause no damage, nuisance, disturbance or unsanitary condition of any kind and will maintain the unit/premises (herein after referred to as premises alone) in the clean orderly state in which the tenant received them. The tenant will not dispose of any waste or rubbish onto any portion of the premises except in proper receptacles designated for that purpose. Tenant shall not leave food inside or outside in such a way that it may attract insects or animals. The tenant shall be respectful and considerate of other guests or occupants on the premises. Tenant shall follow all reasonable requests, rules and instructions the landlord sets forth. If the landlord in his sole authority determines that the tenant is in breach of this clause or the spirit of this clause the tenant will be asked to and agrees leave and vacate the premises immediately. The rent the tenant has paid already shall be non- refundable except for time that is re-rented to others.
12. Damage, losses including utilities or especially if there is a need for excessive cleaning will be hereafter referred to collectively as damages. Our cleaning rate is $20/hour. *For those damages that owners choose to do themselves the hourly rate for repairs you will pay is $30/hour.*
Special note on dog hair in the bedding: We love dogs but dog hair in the beding is above and beyond routine normal cleaning. It falls under the category of excessive cleaning because dog hair can be very tedious and time consuming to get the out. We will handle dog hair in the bedding in a manner that is easiest for us. For example: if our best guess is that picking the hairs out of a blanket may be near the cost of a new blanket then we will purchase a new blanket and deduct the cost of it from your security deposit. You are welcome to the sheets, blankets or comforter (sets) if you notify us in a timely manner and we will mail it to you for the cost of packaging and shipping plus an appropriate handling fee. If we are not notified in a timely manner the items will be disposed of.
All or a portion of the normally refundable security deposit may be retained in the case of there being damage to the premises and you agree to pay any additional sums that your security deposit does not cover. You agree that in this matter that we are not subject to negotiation, dickering or arbitration. You agree to leave this assessment of damages and costs of said damages to our judgement solely and accept our assessment as absolute fact. Once you have been notified that there are damages of any kind you agree that you will pay said damages within 30 days. There shall be a 30 day grace period for payment of the debt. After 30 days interest on the debt will accrue at the highest rate allowable by law until fully paid off. You agree that such damages, legal expenses and any other additional expenses of any kind that we may incur including expenses related to collecting said monies from you will be paid promptly by yourself without delay. These miscellaneous expenses, legal and other will be added to the existing debt amount 30 days after they are incurred and interest will continue to accrue on the newly revised debt amount.
You further agree that you have no legal remedy or recourse to anything stated in this clause.
13. All of the above clauses are subject to specific written contract signed by both parties.
14. You agree that ignorance of these posted policies is no excuse and does not diminish your responsibility and liability.
15. In the case of there being confusion or ambiguity as to the interpretation of any of the terms herein. Our interpretation of the terms will be the rule of law.
16. In the event that we do show leniency by not enforcing a clause(s) here within our action(s) shall in no event obligate us to repeat said or similar action(s) or invalidate the clause(s) or any other clause(s) in these terms. You the tenant remain bound by and are subject to these terms.
17. By reserving/renting you agree to these terms individually and in their entirety.
18. These terms are subject to change without notice.
Effective: September 1, 2015
(a) In considering your request we look at things like how long have you had the time tied up, how soon is the week you want to give up, what is the likelihood of our being able to re-rent the time spot, given sufficient notification is it an easily rented time like July or August, have you paid a deposit or have you paid in full, have you been informed of or read the policies, how many nights have you rented, does the time span a weekend etc. etc.. We are under no obligation to so but if we do decide to waive clause #6 and allow you to reschedule using part of the funds you have already paid which happens at our discretion on a case by case basis. We try to follow the guidelines outlined below:
(b) In considering your request we look at things like how long have you had the time tied up, how soon is the week you want to cancel, what is the likelihood of our being able to re-rent the time spot, given sufficient notification is it an easily rented time like during July or August, have you paid a deposit or have you paid in full, have you been informed of or read the policies, how many nights have you rented, does the time span a weekend etc. etc.. We are under no obligation to so but if we do decide to waive clause #7 and give you a refund which happens at our discretion on a case by case basis. We try to follow the guidelines outlined below: