SchoodicPointVacations.com, C&W Enterprises, Wes and Carney Williams (Jointly herein after referred to as SchoodicPointVacations.com) make no statements, representations or warranties as to the accuracy of any of the “content” provided in this web site other than those properties directly owned by Wes.
Think of and use this website as if it were a bulletin board found at your local mall in which other and unknown people post their notices and items for sale.
This website and the content in it is provided as a “best effort” as a means of entertainment, enjoyment and convenience only, exercised at the viewer's sole discretion and judgment.
Any and all transactions made between you and an “Owner", Representing Agent" or "Vendor" whose link or other contact information is provided by this web site remains solely between "You" and that “Owner", Representing Agent" or "Vendor".
Furthermore, by using this web site you acknowledge and agree that SchoodicPointVacations.com has and shall have no liability whatsoever for any loss, cost, damage or harm, directly or indirectly incurred, in connection with the delivery, failure to deliver, performance, quality, or any other aspect of any products or services ordered or contracted by you through any of these “Owners", Representing Agents" or "Vendors".
Remember that if applicable to copyright laws all content on this website is protected by law.
Please ask for permission if you desire to use of any content of this web site.
I will probably frown upon reuse of any of the content of this site for any other type of rental advertisement or associated use - basically use by or with my competition.
But may give permission if a link is displayed prominently back to this web site SchoodicPointVacations.com.
In any instance where a photograph or content is used, acknowledgment of the photograph coming from the SchoodicPointVacations.com web site must accompany the image or content in close proximity along with a visible link to the actual SchoodicPointVacations.com web site.
Placing links to the SchoodicPointVacations.com web site is welcomed so do not hesitate to ask.
SchoodicPointVacations.com reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue any or all of SchoodicPointVacations.com at any time without giving prior notice and without liability.
SchoodicPointVacations.com reserves the right to change or modify any part or all of this agreement at any time at their discretion.
SchoodicPointVacations.com reserves the right at their sole discretion to change, modify, cancel or deny a rental ad or listing at any time for any reason deemed necessary without refund of monies paid by the user, owner, representative or vendor of said listing or ad.
By using this website you agree to the above terms.
Please remember that when we put you on the calendar we start turning other prospective renters away from the time you have reserved. Ultimately we can not absorb your losses if you cancel regardless of your reason. When that happens we both lose. Lastly, let me just say we try to be as fair as possible in our dealings with you but have in the past absorbed many losses so unfortunately we have to have these policies to protect ourselves and we will adhere to them.
1. SchoodicPointVacations.com owners (hereafter referred to as we, our or I) have a first come first served policy for reservations. In other words he who pays first.
2. We collect two different types of deposits. The first being a deposit paid at the time of the reservation which *typically is at least fifty percent of the weekly* rent and this is applied to the rent. The second deposit collected is a security deposit which varies depending on the number of pets in your party, that is returned if there has been no damages, losses, extra cleaning or other expenses and all things are in order.
3. The length of time we will hold a time slot until payment arrives is generally a week but is ultimately at our discretion.
4. Posted occupancy is interpreted strictly. In the case that we believe you have an undeclared pet or person there will be and additional rental fee and you agree to pay the next higher rate or an additional fee that we consider reasonable which will be retained from the security deposit. In addition, if you received a lesser than posted rate or in the case of a non-posted daily rate. That discounted rate or agreement will be void at our discretion and you agree to pay the next higher rate or an additional fee that we consider reasonable. Reasonable per person over maximum capacity fees are as follows:
5. A late check-out fee of a days rent and applicable tax may be charged at our discretion for late check-outs.
Schoodic Apartment over capacity fee: $200.00 per person/pet.
Winter Harbor Apartment over capacity fee: $200.00 per person/pet.
Schoodic Point Cottage over capacity fee: $250.00 per person/pet.
Settlers House over capacity fee: $400.00 per person/pet.
Guptill Cottage over capacity fee : $500.00 per person/pet.
6. As far as rescheduling your vacation to another week and using funds you have already paid for your original reservation. Your previously paid funds are not refundable unless the time you rented is re-rented to another party, excepting security deposits which normally are refundable. (a)
7. In case of cancellation for any reason, funds that you have paid to reserve/rent a rental are not refundable unless the time you rented is re-rented to another party, excepting security deposits which normally are refundable. (b)
8. Any amounts paid by you for rent, other, taxes or security deposit are applied in that order without exception regardless of what you think may or may not have been said.
9. Any refund at any time shall be minus any fees or losses we have incurred including any fees from Paypal or other institutions.
10. No other clause in these policies shall relieve the renters of further responsibility for damages or losses incurred costing in excess of the security deposit retained. You agree to pay all our legal fees and associated expenses related to collecting money from you for additional rents, fees , fines, cleaning expense, damages and losses of any type.
11. Damage, losses including utilities or especially if there is a need for excessive cleaning will be hereafter referred to collectively as damages.
Our cleaning rate is $20/hour. *For those damages that owners choose to do themselves the hourly rate for repairs you will pay is $30/hour.*
Special note on dog hair in the bedding: We love dogs but dog hair in the beding is above and beyond routine normal cleaning. It falls under the category of excessive cleaning because dog hair can be very tedious and time consuming to get the out.
We will handle dog hair in the bedding in a manner that is easiest for us.
For example: if our best guess is that picking the hairs out of a blanket may be near the cost of a new blanket then we will purchase a new blanket and deduct the cost of it from your security deposit.
You are welcome to the sheets, blankets or comforter (sets) if you notify us in a timely manner and we will mail it to you for the cost of packaging and shipping plus an appropriate handling fee.
If we are not notified in a timely manner the items will be disposed of.
All or a portion of the normally refundable security deposit may be retained in the case of there being damage to the premises and you agree to pay any additional sums that your security deposit does not cover.
You agree that in this matter that we are not subject to negotiation, dickering or arbitration.
You agree to leave this assessment of damages and costs of said damages to our judgement solely and accept our assessment as absolute fact.
Once you have been notified that there are damages of any kind you agree that you will pay said damages within 30 days.
There shall be a 30 day grace period for payment of the debt.
After 30 days interest on the debt will accrue at the highest rate allowable by law until fully paid off.
You agree that such damages, legal expenses and any other additional expenses of any kind that we may incur including expenses related to collecting said monies from you will be paid promptly by yourself without delay.
These miscellaneous expenses, legal and other will be added to the existing debt amount 30 days after they are incurred and interest will continue to accrue on the newly revised debt amount.
You further agree that you have no legal remedy or recourse to anything stated in this clause.
12. All of the above clauses are subject to specific written contract signed by both parties.
13. You agree that ignorance of these posted policies is no excuse and does not diminish your responsibility and liability.
14. In the case of there being confusion or ambiguity as to the interpretation of any of the terms herein. Our interpretation of the terms will be the rule of law.
15. In the event that we do show leniency by not enforcing a clause(s) here within our action(s) shall in no event obligate us to repeat said or similar action(s) or invalidate the clause(s) or any other clause(s) in these terms. You the tenant remain bound by and are subject to these terms.
16. By reserving/renting you agree to these terms individually and in their entirety.
17. These terms are subject to change without notice.
Effective: September 1, 2015
*Amended: March 7, 2017
(a) In considering your request we look at things like how long have you had the time tied up, how soon is the week you want to give up, what is the likelihood of our being able to re-rent the time spot, given sufficient notification is it an easily rented time like July or August, have you paid a deposit or have you paid in full, have you been informed of or read the policies, how many nights have you rented, does the time span a weekend etc. etc.. We are under no obligation to so but if we do decide to waive clause #6 and allow you to reschedule using part of the funds you have already paid which happens at our discretion on a case by case basis. We try to follow the guidelines outlined below:
- If you have been paid in full - you will be assessed an additional twenty five percent fee based upon the rental amount at the time of rescheduling. Example: if the rent is $600 you will be assessed and additional fee of $150.
- If you have been paid in full - you may reschedule time in between the 2nd Saturday in September and the 2nd Saturday in June if the unit is available.
- If you have been paid in full - during the summer period rescheduling is allowed only at the last minute if there is a vacancy. In other words, if on a Sunday or Monday the coming week is open.
- If you are not paid in full no allowances are made and none of your previously paid funds are refundable.
(b) In considering your request we look at things like how long have you had the time tied up, how soon is the week you want to cancel, what is the likelihood of our being able to re-rent the time spot, given sufficient notification is it an easily rented time like during July or August, have you paid a deposit or have you paid in full, have you been informed of or read the policies, how many nights have you rented, does the time span a weekend etc. etc.. We are under no obligation to so but if we do decide to waive clause #7 and give you a refund which happens at our discretion on a case by case basis. We try to follow the guidelines outlined below:
- A cancellation fee of $50.00 will be accessed in lieu.
- To receive a refund of your payment, cancellations must be made prior to 60 days before your arrival. In other words a cancellation made 61 days before your arrival would be eligible for a refund while a cancellation made 60 days before your arrival may not be. Obviously then, reservations or cancellations made within the 60 day period may not be refunded except as follows. Payments having been made by you being either a deposit, a portion or the rent, fees and tax in their entirety may not be returned unless the time period you had reserved/rented is re-rented to another party. Additionally at our discretion we may choose to lower the re-rental price if we feel that it is the best option for re-renting the time and for getting you at least some of your money back. And obviously, even if successful your refund would be diminished. Sums paid over and above rents, fees and taxes will be returned in case of a cancellation, namely security deposits.
The above guideline does not apply to stays of less than 7 nights, stays of more than one week, rental of multiple units or a property that you have rented for another party. In other words the above guideline applies only to a one week stay for a property that you have rented for your own use. Except for security deposits, funds paid in the afore mentioned cases are only refundable in the case of re-rental of the unit(s).