| Winter Harbor Lobster Festival
Lobsters, Breakfasts, Craft Fair,
Parade and much more
(A typical day)
Every second Saturday in August, the Winter Harbor (Maine) Lobster Festival, draws a
large crowd of spectators. It is a fun filled day with many scheduled
events. Watch the ever popular lobster boat races, with 13 classes rated
by size and power, shop at the craft fair with 80+ exhibitors, eat a
Maine lobster dinner and stay for the late afternoon parade.
Lobster Dinner includes:
Lobster, corn on the cob, dessert, coleslaw, & drinks. There will
be a variety of other foods available, such as coffee, muffins,
sandwiches, French fries, cotton candy, kettle corn, nachos, and
- 6:00AM-10AM ~ Blueberry pancake breakfast in the Masonic Hall in Winter Harbor
- 7:00AM ~ Registration for the road race on East Schoodic Drive, Birch Harbor.
- 8:00AM ~ Annual George Schaefer Memorial Road Race on East Schoodic Drive, Birch Harbor.
- 9AM-5PM ~ Craft Fair with over 80 crafters at the old grammar school.
- 10AM-12PM ~ Lobster Boat Races at Henry Cove, Winter Harbor.
(Awards following the race at the town dock)
- 10AM-4PM ~ Fish chowder at the Masonic Hall on School Street in Winter Harbor
- 11AM-3PM ~ Lobster Dinner with live entertainment located under the big tent behind the school in the ball field.
- 2PM ~ Fire department demonstration at AR Whittens on Main Street
- 4:00-5:00 ~ Bagpipe Concert sponsored by Schoodic Arts For All at Hammond Hall
- 5:30PM ~ Lazy Lobster Parade through Winter Harbor.
- 7PM ~ Contra dance at Hammond Hall on Main Street in Winter Harbor.
- And more!
Come for a day of family fun. Admission is free.